There’s a Starbucks 8 minutes away, a Chipotle within walking distance, and a Portillo’s 10 minutes away.
Yeah, I think NIU will be decent food wise.
if the broadway and theatre community dislikes bootlegs so much and don’t want people filming their shows they need to work on making theatre a more accessible form of media by filming shows professionally because you know they talk a lot about being a very open welcoming community but don’t do anything to make that community welcoming to people who can’t afford to see shows or people who live in rural areas and are literally unable to attend shows at all
So I just got my history book.
How the fuck did this show up again after 6 god damn months
I WENT THROUGH NEARLY 10000 OF MY LIKED POSTS TO BRING THIS BACK
Is there supposed to be a joke or reference here or am I just really fucking dense
Ellen what the fuck happened in 1998
ellen degeneres came out in 1997
yeah but ellen what happened in 2014
ellen page came out in 2014
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
I watched YFIP being built. At the time, I did think it was a good idea to have this stuff in one place for those interested. I’ve since changed my stance for reasons I’ll get into below.
Essentially. YFIP is a ‘receipts’ blog run by a white person targeted at specific celebs only. Instead of doing actual research, the mod called for receipts on certain celebs. When people tried submitting other celebs, presumably celebs the mod or SJ community favored, the mod delayed the posting of it or just ignored the submission entirely.
Early submissions are the result of the mod and volunteers crawling through years of interviews for days. So, if you’re a fan of those people, good job. All you see listed is literally everything they could find over 100s of interviews and appearances.
They do NOT fact check. Any link is welcome, whether it’s another Tumblr, a Wordpress blog or a tabloid. Many posts have incredibly bad sources for over half of the listed receipts, including John Green, Benedict Cumberbatch and Justin Timberlake, and good sources cannot be found. The mod also added incorrect commentary to some of the posts (this is a particular issue with celebs from outside the US) and removes necessary context.
The John Green Incident
As you may have noticed, the blog has gone pretty dormant despite the original mod’s continued personal blog use. This appears to be due to the John Green incident, which is a wonderful illustration of horrendous sources.
The original YFIP post for John Green contained ‘May have sexually assaulted a fan’ as a link. The link in question went to a screenshot of an anon ask that accused John Green of unwelcome touching on someone’s Tumblr. The fallout from using such a garbage source for such a serious allegation all but ended the blog.
Simply put, I cannot take anyone who uses this blog as proof of anything seriously. Two minutes of clicking the links will tell you the sources are shit. As for my changed stance, I realized YFIP was elevating things like offensive comments to the same level as hate crimes and domestic violence by its very format, and is operating as a witch hunt as opposed to a true resource.
John Green referencing the assault allegation here:
Someone finally made my dream come true
if someone is meeting her at a meet and greet can you please ask her why she does this
ITS NOT SEWING SUPPLIES!
My question is how does every single person identify with this, is it like a secret rule to use those for sewing supplies?
I think I’m probably going to go to NIU.
I don’t normally bring my personal thoughts onto the blog but I have to say, I’m absolutely disgusted at the things I’m seeing in the Jared Leto tag right now.
I’m seeing an awful lot of hatred towards him being a ‘cis male’, do you not see how ironic that is? Fighting for equality when it suits you, isn’t really the way it works. I would have the same disgust at someone being derogatory towards someone such as Laverne Cox for her gender.
Thank god Jared’s fans have more class, we aren’t voting against people not to be in the list, we’re simply voting for him to be in it.
I doubt half of these folks even knew who Jared was before he landed the Dallas Buyers Club role…this man has worked his ass off for 20 years in this business and you’re gonna start some ridiculous hate campaign because you don’t like 1 role that he played?
If you really have that much hatred in you and you’re gullible enough to believe everything you read on the internet, I genuinely feel sorry for you. What a sad existence.
Keep up the voting, Echelon and please don’t even lower yourselves to the standards of these people….just let them fester in their bitterness.
the true gay icons
ive been waiting for these gifs together in one set my whole life